- SC imposes Rs 25K costs for filing 60-page synopsis against a 5-page HC order
- Dell considering a fresh investment in Bengaluru, says Karnataka govt
- AP CID serves notices to Nara Lokesh in IRR case, asks him to attend on October 4
- TMC will take MGNREGA job card holders to Delhi in special buses for protests in Delhi
- Loneliness blur line between real and fictional people: Study
- Vasireddy Padma complains to DGP against TDP leader over remarks on RK Roja
- Elon Musk's X paid nearly $20 million to creators: CEO Linda Yaccarino
- Let Centre stop our movement in Delhi, if it can: Abhishek Banerjee
- Party leadership didn't speak a word to me on alliance with BJP: K’taka JD(S) president
- Kerala HC steps in as parents in war over child's name
Top Tamil Heroine Breaks Silence On Casting Couch In Movies
Ever since the #MeToo movement gained momentum, allegations of sexual harassment against Indian filmamkers have come out in the open.
Ever since the #MeToo movement gained momentum, allegations of sexual harassment against Indian filmamkers have come out in the open. There are several actresses who pointed fingers at filmmakers who sexually exploited them or sought sexual favours in exchange for movie roles.
The first one however to call out sexual predators was none other than Tollywood actress Sri Reddy who's now moved based to Chennai after she failed to get any support from the fraternity even after her repeated protests. In fact she not only staged a topless protest in front of film chamber but also exposed WhatsApp conversations with celebrities who were seeking sexual favours from her. Now, while some female actors slammed Sri Reddy a few came out in support of her. While most heroines maintain that there is no concept of casting cough in the industry, a top Tamil heroine has vetoed them saying the evil practice does exist in the industry.
The actress we are talking about is none other than Varalaxmi Sarathkumar who gas worked in several Tamil and Kannada movies. She was seen opposite Kichcha Sudeep in the superhit movie Manikya which was a remake of the Telugu blockbuster Mirchi starring Prabhas and Anushka.
Now in a recent interview, Varalaxmi has opened up about casting couch and said that she did encounter people who were hinted at this but she says that they have to be called out immediately instead of waiting for the right time.