Introducing children to the wonders of science
Science introduces your child to the fascinating world of plants, animals, and the environment around them. Understanding science becomes easier when it is intriguing.
Science introduces your child to the fascinating world of plants, animals, and the environment around them. Understanding science becomes easier when it is intriguing. So how can you make it intriguing? Through a science quiz for kids to trigger their curiosity. Question and answers for kids to make the subject a fun to learn.
1. Which animal lays eggs?
a. Dog b. Cat c. Duck d. Sheep
2. A male cow is called…
a. Ox b. Dog c. Sheep d. Monkey
3. All animals need food, air, and ____ to survive.
a. House b. Water c. Chocolate
4. Which one is a fur-bearing animal?
a. Hen b. Crocodile c. Tortoise d. Cat
5. What is earth's only natural satellite?
a. Sun b. Mars c. Venus d. Moon
6. The tree has a branch filled with green _____.
a. Hair b. Root c. Leaves d. Trunk
7. What part of the body helps you move?
a. Eyes b. Lungs c. Pancreas d. Muscles
8. The two holes of the nose are called?
a. Eyelids b. Nostrils c. Nails
9. Which star shines in the day and provides light?
a. Moon b. Venus c. Mars d. Sun
10. Legs have feet and arms have ___.
a. Ankles b. Pelvis c. Hands d. Skull
11. Which organ covers the entire body and protects it?
a. Liver b. Heart c. Skin d. Brain
12. Which shape is a round?
a. Rectangle b. Circle c. Square
13. Who invented the first functional telephone?
a. Albert Einstein b. Nikola Tesla
c. Thomas Alva Edison
d. Alexander Graham Bell
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
14. What is the young one of a cow called?
15. Dark rain clouds can give out lightning and ____.
a. Thunder b. Snow c. Sunlight d. Wind
16. Your hands have four fingers and a ____.
a. Knee b. Ankle c. Elbow d. Thumb
17. Which part of the bird lets it fly high in the sky?
a. Beak b. Feet c. Wings d. Claws
18. Animals that suckle their young ones are called ____.
a. Reptiles b. Birds c. Amphibians
19. What part of the plant conducts photosynthesis?
a. Branch b. Leaf c. Root
20. What is the boiling point of water?
a. 25°C b. 50°C c. 75°C d. 100°C
21. Which is the largest land animal?
a. Lion b. Tiger c. Elephant d. Rhinoceros
22. ____ helps pump blood through the entire body.
a. Lungs b. Kidneys
c. Heart d. Brain
23. How does a dog express happiness?
a. Twitching ears
b. Moving head
c. Closing eyes
d. Wagging tail
Answer: Wagging tail
24. What are the three states of matter?
Answer: Solid, Liquid, and Gas
25. Frog is a reptile or amphibian?
26. If one boils water it will convert into ____.
a. Mist b. Steam c. Clouds d. Snow
27. When you push something, you apply ____.
a. Force b. Acceleration
c. Mass d. Compression
28. Which group of animals have scales?
a. Mammals b. Amphibians
29. Where does our food collect after we chew and swallow it?
a. Small intestine b. Large intestine
c. Stomach d. Liver
30. Which material from the following has the highest transparency?
a. Paper b. Wood
c. Metal d. Glass
31. Which animal from the below list is best adapted to the desert?
a. Tiger b. Cheetah
c. Camel d. Deer
32. What part of the skeletal system protects the brain?
a. Spine b. Thigh
c. Pelvis d. Skull
33. What is the name of a frog's young one?
a. Infant b. Puppy
c. Calf d. Tadpole
34. Which pigment gives the leaves its green colour?
35. What tissue connects muscles to bones?
b. Blood vessels c. Fat d. Tendon
36. Which nutrient plays an essential role in muscle-building?
a. Protein b. Carbohydrate
c. Iron d. Fat
37. Plants need which gas to perform photosynthesis?
a. Hydrogen b. Carbon monoxide
c. Carbon dioxide d. Oxygen
Answer: Carbon dioxide
38. Which scientist proposed the three laws of motion?
a. Isaac Newton b. Thomas Alva Edison
c. Albert Einstein d. Stephen Hawking
Answer: Isaac Newton
39. Earth is surrounded by layers of gases collectively called the _____.
a. Hydrosphere b. Stratosphere
c. Atmosphere d. Ozone layer
40. Which system of the body controls the senses?
a. Circulatory system b. Digestive system
c. Nervous system d. Skeletal system
Answer: Nervous system
41. Which is the largest animal on earth?
a. Shark b. Elephant
c. Blue whale d. Giraffe
Answer: Blue whale
42. Similar body cells group together to form a ___.
a. Organ b. Tissue
c. Blood vessels d. Joints
43. What energy emerges from motion?
a. Potential energy
b. Electrical energy
c. Kinetic energy
d. Gravitational energy
Answer: Kinetic energy
44. Which is the strongest sense in a dog?
a. Touch b. Hearing
c. Smell d. Taste
45. The Standard unit of measurement for energy is ____.
a. Newton b. Ampere
c. Watt d. Joule
46. Which biologist proposed the theory of evolution through natural selection?
a. Charles Darwin b. Stephen Hawking
c. Francesco Redi d. Alexander Fleming
Answer: Charles Darwin
47. What are animals, which eat both plants and animals, called?
a. Herbivores b. Insectivores
c. Carnivores d. Omnivores
48. The outward force, away from the centre, felt by an object in circular motion is ___.
a. Centripetal force b. Circular force
c. Centrifugal forces d. Elastic force
Answer: Centrifugal force
49. What type of energy eventually depletes?
a. Kinetic energy b. Non-renewable energy
c. Gravitational energy
d. Renewable energy
Answer: Non-renewable energy
50. A single piece of coiled DNA is called ____.
a. Nucleus b. Ribosome
c. Cytoplasm d. Chromosome