Saveetha Institute Of Medical and Technical Sciences(SIMTS) holds 13th Annual Convocation
Hyderabad: Saveetha Institute Of Medical and Technical Sciences (formerly known as Saveetha University) 13th Annual Convocation was held on Monday at M M Convention Centre at the University Campus. The campus was brimming with energy reflecting the sense of anticipation among the students wearing the ceremonial graduation regalia, waiting to receive their graduation certificates. 669 eligible and meritorious students were conferred with the degrees, which includes 24 Ph.D scholars, 273 Medical Doctors,162 dentists,108 Nurses &102 Physiotherapists
The Chief Guest for the convocation, Governor of Tamil Nadu, Banwarilal Purohit awarded the Degrees and delivered the convocation address.
Dr.N.M.Veeriyan, Chancellor & Founder presided over the function, congratulated the young graduates and delivered the presidential address. In his presidential address he advised the students to rise to the occasion and make their parents and the college proud by achieving greater career prospects. He congratulated the Rank holders & the graduands and attributed these achievements to the tireless efforts of the faculty and the disciplined graduands themselves.
Prof. Dr. Rakesh Kumar Sharma, Vice Chancellor, welcomed the graduates and parents and shared the growth initiatives and achievements of the institution in his annual report.
He also stated about:
1) Guinness Book of World Record and Asia Book of World Record by their student Pramodita Saravanan, a 2nd year Medical student of Saveetha Medical College made us proud recently by setting a Guinness World Record and Asia Book of World Record for the awareness created on adolescent health. This event was attended by 357 adolescents and youth at Rani Seethai hall in Chennai on 12th May 2019. She addressed the group for an hour. The awareness speech includes Physical, Mental & Sexual health.
2 ) Niha Naveed won Eminent Pierre Fauchard award given for the best dental graduate.
3) Ditty J Mary a third year undergraduate student is the recipient of Hattan award – a prestigious award of International Association of Dental Research
4) Saveetha dental college has been selected as the first centre in India to conduct M-ortho exam by University of Glassgow and Edinburgh.
Saveetha Engineering Industries, Saveetha Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Department and Gift of a Life Foundation were new additions to Saveetha's crown.
During the convocation , Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa ) Degrees were also given to three Persons of Eminence in their respective Fields.
1) Prof. Dr. Mayilvahanan Natarajan, Former Vice Chancellor,The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University for his excellence in medical fraternity
2) Dr.Palani G Periasamy, Chairman PGP Groups, Chennai for his committed vision& untiring contributions to the Educational, Industry &Commerce both in India And Abroad
3) R.Gandhi, Senior Advocate, High Court of Madras for his excellence in the field of legal education and for his enumorous contribution to society through legal profession
The Convocation began with a majestic and grand academic procession followed by national song sung by the students of the institute.