- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
Children have inbuilt immunity
As India is grappling with Covid pandemic and vaccination is shield to protect once self but whereas for children below 18 years yet it is not known when they would get vaccinated
Hyderabad: As India is grappling with Covid pandemic and vaccination is shield to protect once self but whereas for children below 18 years yet it is not known when they would get vaccinated. Whole nation is gripped with fear that children may be prone to this virus. According to the city pediatricians, inmate immunity is more in children that is protecting children as a shield. If at all they are infected with virus it would not be severe for them.
Vaccine for children yet to get approved, as clinical trials for vaccine are in progress and it would take more six months for final date to come out. Till than it would be better if the elder population get vaccinated said Pediatricians.
Speaking to The Hans India, Dr Swamy Sandeep, Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist, BBR Super Specialty Hospital, said, "Now almost all the adult is getting vaccinated. If the process is continued, 70 to 80 percent of people won't get affected to the deadly virus. If at all anybody is infected with virus severity would be low, as for children below 18 vaccination drive is not yet started that led to fear that virus would prone to children but there is no such evidence so far clinically. Amazingly children are not prone to get the infection as children has less Ace 2 receptors may be a possible factor that may be related to lower rates of SARS-CoV-2 infection in children.
Explaining how children can be protected till the vaccine arrives, he further said "Now as schools are closed and children are not going anywhere out that is one way the children are protected but parents who are going out and are carrying the virus into the house are main reason to infect the children. If at all any elders are going out should take personal precaution. It would be better if almost all the parents get vaccinated so that they can protect their children to be infected with virus. If not, they can be the carries for children to get infected.
"Covid is most rapidly spreading all over the society and there is also time for vaccination for children. In the long run, children may get infected by the virus, but it may not mutate in their body as they have strong inmate immune. Parents of malnourished children should take proper care for their diet to increase their immune as these children are probably more prone to the virus. So main protection that should be taken is that whoever is going out should wear mask, try to avoid mass gathering and when they are at home they should sanitize themselves properly," said Dr Nanu Som, Pediatrician, Swikriti Children's Clinic, Jeedimetla.