- Primary schools in B'desh shut due to heatwave
- OTT: Allu Arjun crowns Soujanya Bhagavathula as the winner of aha “Telugu Indian Idol Season 2”
- KTR inaugurates RRR knowledge Hub introduced by Telangana government
- World Environment Day: Bollywood celebs making their bit to save Mother Earth
- CBI probe into Balasore train accident a diversionary tactic: Ex-Rail Min Pawan Bansal
- Microsoft to require SMB signing by default in Windows 11
- ‘Fouja’ hits theatres; Karthik Dammu’s ‘Angad’ moves audiences to tears
- Cambodia's Angkor attracts 344,757 int'l tourists in 5 months
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport sees 26 % increase in passenger growth
- Telangana HC quashes land allotment to foundation headed by BRS MP
Hyderabad: Pleas to impose restrictions in micro-containment zones
In wake of the surging Covid-19 cases public demanded the authorities to impose strict restrictions in view of Covid-19
Hyderabad: In wake of the surging Covid-19 cases public demanded the authorities to impose strict restrictions in view of Covid-19.
Recently, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) identified 63 micro-containment zones in its jurisdiction but had neither barricaded the zone nor was any no movement restrictions imposed in these containment zones identified in different parts of the city, following which people appeal the authorities to put restrictions to stop the spread of the virus. "Even though these containment zones have to be barricaded immediately the authorities have not imposed any restrictions in these areas where the cases were being reported high," said T Dinesh, Resident of Alwal.
Health officials were closely monitoring the corona positive patients and the Entomology wing of GHMC were spraying the Sodium Hypochlorite in all the containment zones frequently to curb the virus, said an GHMC official. Even the fever surveys are in progress and the team was conducting the survey door-to-door and is giving the Covid kits to those who detected fever, the official added.
"It would be better if the State government would revise the timings of night curfew instead of 9pm the curfew should begin at least from 5pm to curb the spread of the virus," said J Karteek, Resident of Malkajgiri.
However most of the neighboring states have already imposed lockdown whereas Telangana has only imposed curfew, he added.
However GHMC and Non-governmental organizations have already set up isolation centers for Covid patients in different parts of the city by turning up educational institutions, hotels and banquet halls into isolation centers and these centres are increasing in the city day-by-day.