- Suspense continues on Vijayawada West
- Chandigarh: Pb Police register FIR into farmer’s death on Har border
- Lucknow: Akhilesh agrees to appear thru video conferencing
- Temple tourism launched in 18 circuits across AP
- Rushikonda tourism project inaugurated
- To boost farmers’ income CSIR-NBRI to combine floriculture, apiculture
- Jogaiah, Mudragada sore over Pawan
- TDP seeks strong candidate for Sarvepalli
- ‘Gaami’ trailer: Promises immersive cinematic experience
- Malayalam Blockbuster ‘Premalu’gets a release date in Telugu
Youth attacks girl with sharp weapon for rejecting love proposal at OU campus
A youngster attacked a girl with a sharp-edge weapon for rejecting his love proposal on Osmania University (OU) campus here on Saturday night.
Hyderabad: A youngster attacked a girl with a sharp-edge weapon for rejecting his love proposal on Osmania University (OU) campus here on Saturday night. According to OU Inspector Ramesh Naik, victim, who hails from Bholakpur in Musheerabad area, working in a private medical store.
Attacker from same locality identified as Ranjit has been harassing 18-year-old to love him. Obliging to his request, she accompanied him for a brief talk at men's hostel on varsity campus. Argument broke between them after some time and the accused attacked her with a sharp weapon. She suffered an injury on her hand.
As victim cried for help, Ranjit fled from the spot. Passers-by informed police about the incident. On receiving information, OU police shifted the girl to a private hospital for treatment. Based on the complaint of girl's brother, the police registered a case and launched a hunt to nab the accused.