- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
- Flipkart Year End Sale 2023: 5 Best TVs to buy under Rs 40,000
- Crackdown on Illicit Medical Practices
- Egg on the face of Muncipality
- Leelavathi was embodiment of selflessness: DCM D K Shivakumar
Tirupati: Koil Alwar Tirumanjanam held ahead of Brahmotsavams at Tiruchanur
Ahead of the annual Karthika Brahmotsavams of Goddess Padmavati temple scheduled to be held from November 11-19, Koil Alwar Thirumanjanam, a preparatory cleaning ceremony was conducted at the temple at Tiruchanur on Tuesday
Tirupati: Ahead of the annual Karthika Brahmotsavams of Goddess Padmavati temple scheduled to be held from November 11-19, Koil Alwar Thirumanjanam, a preparatory cleaning ceremony was conducted at the temple at Tiruchanur on Tuesday.
The temple staff, officials and priests joined in the two-hour long cleaning exercise covering the entire temple complex including the sanctum sanctorum, sub-temples, utensils etc. as per Agama traditions after which the devotees were allowed for darshan after prokshana (sprinkling) of holy waters all over the temple complex.
Speaking on the occasion, TTD JEO P Basant Kumar who led the temple cleaning said blessings of Goddess Padmavati were sought for the successful conduct of the annual Brahmotsavams to be held in ekanthamam inside the temple with only temple staff and Archakas participation in view of Covid-19 guidelines.
He said special prayers were also offered to the Goddess on Tuesday for complete eradication of Covid and for the relief to the global humanity.