- Soil is climate superstar, says Sadhguru at COP28
- Nehru committed 2 mistakes which made Kahsmir suffer for years: Shah
- Chinese scientists develop novel gene editing jab to 'reverse' autism
- Actor Arvind Krishna shines at the International 3BL Basketball league
- Ruckus in Bengal assembly as BJP stages walkout over closed tea gardens
- 30-year old worker plunges to death from Thane Metro bridge
- Public sector banks wrote off loans worth Rs 3.66 lakh crore in last three fiscal years
- 54% Indian consumers fall for 'too good to be true' scams during festive season: Report
- It’s a lie that God lives in the sky: AiR Atman in Ravi shares his learning with Anupam Kher
- Putin visits UAE; likely to discuss Ukraine & Gaza wars
Tirupati: Security staff demand 3-month pending salaries
The outsourcing security staff working at Ruia hospital in the city held a protest on Wednesday for not being paid their salaries for the last three months
Tirupati: The outsourcing security staff working at Ruia hospital in the city held a protest on Wednesday for not being paid their salaries for the last three months. They took out a rally to the residence of MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy and submitted a memorandum to him. The protest was led by the district general secretary of AP medical, contract, outsourcing union K Radhakrishna.
During the protest, he said that the security staff have been working with dedication during the Covid-19 pandemic but were not getting their salaries for the last three months. The hospital management was not paying PF and ESI to the guards for the past nine months. He flayed the apathetic attitude of the hospital management towards security guards and said the Superintendent has never cared for their pleas in this regard.
Criticising the superintendent Dr T Bharathi for not taking the memorandum on Wednesday, they met the MLA and demanded action against her. The MLA assured them to look into their grievances and resolve them soon.