- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
Tirupati station gets ISO certification
The certifying authority presents the certificate for maintenance of cleanliness on railway station premises and for provision of connectivity to passengers detraining at Tirupati station to various nearest temples
Tirupati: The railway station in the pilgrim city got ISO certification for its environmental management system. After assessing the station, the certifying authority found that it was compliant with the requirements of ISO 14001 : 2015 and issued the certificate.
PA Pushparaj, senior divisional mechanical engineer, engineering and housekeeping management, Guntakal has presented the certificate to S Nagaramana Sarma, station director in Tirupati on Sunday.
The certificate was in appreciation of the provision of services including enquiry, tickets, accommodation etc., and amenities like snacks, meals, tea etc., for transportation of passengers.
Maintenance of cleanliness at railway station premises, provision of connectivity to passengers detraining at Tirupati railway station to various nearest temples including Tirumala and other locations were also included. IT will be valid till March 17, 2023.
Station manager Chinnapa Reddy, chief commercial inspector A Parameswar Raju, chief health inspector Hemraj Meena, RPF CI B Saidaiah and others participated in the meeting.