- Jairam Ramesh questions PM's silence as Manipur crisis deepens
- Daily beetroot juice may boost heart health in angina patients: Study
- Metro rail from HUDA City Centre to Cyber City in Gurugram approved
- BetterPlace partners Microsoft to empower frontline workers across Asia
- Putin 'may try to blow up largest nuclear plant in Europe, warns Ukraine
- Free travel guarantee for women: Private bus owners protest
- YS Jagan denies early elections speculation, says YSRCP would win again
- Union cabinet approves increase in MSP for paddy in Kharif season
- AP EAPCET 2023 results are likely to be released in the next week
- OTT streaming of Naga Chaitanya-starrer ‘Custody’ locked for June 9
Sarpanch candidate gives birth to girl after casting her vote
A woman contestant for the post of sarpanch was overjoyed as she cast her vote in the panchayat polls and subsequently gave birth to a baby girl on the Saturday.
Vijayawada: A woman contestant for the post of sarpanch was overjoyed as she cast her vote in the panchayat polls and subsequently gave birth to a baby girl on the Saturday. The incident took place at Korukallu village of Kalidindi mandal in Krishna district on Saturday.
The contestant B Leela Kanaka Durga has campaigned in the village for the victory. Jana Sena and BJP have extended support to Kanaka Durga. She was contesting in the second phase of panchayat polls held in Gudivada revenue division.
After visiting the polling station and casting the vote, she got labour pains and was immediately shifted to the government hospital in Kaikaluru. She gave birth to a baby girl and was elated over two incidents happening on same day as she exercised her vote and later gave birth to a baby girl.
She was safe and sound
in the hospital. Family members and other villagers visited the hospital and congratulated her.