- Why KTR perturbed over Modi revealing secret: Aruna
- BJP-BRS Delhi mein Dosti, Galli mein Kusti: Revanth
- Vijayawada: Remembering Swaminathan, man behind Green Revolution
- Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy gets bail in remarks against Roja case
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 4th October 2023
- Inequality in socio-political empowerment a curse to sustainable economic development
- Optimising global aviation logistics is paramount
- Vijayawada: Novotel’s Food Exchange shines adjudged Best Restaurant
- Farmers demand PM to fulfil promises or face their wrath
- Cashing in on the caste factor: Will it work?
Hyderabad: Man arrested for cheating singer's fans
Hyderabad: The singer filed a complaint with the cybercrime officials about the accused person and based on the complaint the cops began investigation and arrested Chaitanya.
Hyderabad: The cybercrime police on Friday arrested one Chaitanya alias Chaitu for allegedly cheating many people on the pretext of being a manager to a famed singer of Telugu film industry. The singer filed a complaint with the cybercrime officials about the accused person and based on the complaint the cops began investigation and arrested Chaitanya.
According to CCS cops, the accused person is a native of Ananthapur and came to Hyderabad to become a singer. He also recorded a few videos on Youtube and on some private music channels, but he did not get the desired name and fame. So he decided to increase his popularity by using the name of an established singer and in order to do that, he created fake Facebook profiles pretending to be the manager of the singer.
After creating the fake profiles he sought donations and by using the singer's name he also organised a concert in his hometown. However, the singer got to know about the issue and she filed a complaint and the accused was arrested for cheating the fans and followers of the singer, said the officials of CCS.