- Is BJP focussing attention on AP?
- Hyderabad: EFLU issues notification for recruitment of non-teaching staff
- Congress greets people on Telangana statehood day
- Sharwanand marriage updates: Wedding hungama kickstarted in Jaipur
- APPSC Group-1 Mains exam to begin tomorrow chairman inspects arrangements
- Meta ends remote work policy; find details
- Five Poll Guarantees Would Be Implemented In Karnataka, Says CM Siddaramaiah
- Vijayawada ACB court hears arguments on CID's petition on Naidu's residence, adjourns hearing to June 6
- PM Narendra Modi, Amit Shah greet Telangana Governor on birthday
- Telangana emerging as hub of innovation, startups: President Murmu
Indian expat nurse succumbs in Oman
An India expatriate nurse succumbed to Covid-19 at the Royal hospital here, registering the first coronavirus-related death among MoH health workers in Oman, the Ministry of Health said in a statement on Wednesday
Muscat : An India expatriate nurse succumbed to Covid-19 at the Royal hospital here, registering the first coronavirus-related death among MoH health workers in Oman, the Ministry of Health said in a statement on Wednesday.
"With great sadness and sorrow, the Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman mourns the passing away of nurse Blessy Thomas at the Royal Hospital ICU on Monday due to Covid-19. This is the first death among health workers in MoH. The deceased was a true hero and a role model of hard and sincere work.
The Minister of Health, as well as the MoH personnel and all health workers in Oman express their heartfelt condolences to the family of the deceased," the statement said.
Blessy is survived by her husband and two young children. There was a previous case of the death of a health worker due to COVID-19 who was working in a private clinic, Gulf News reported. Many friends and colleagues also expressed shock and dismay at the news.