- Supreme Court refuses to entertain contempt plea against Stalin Jr over his controversial statements on 'Sanatan Dharma'
- International Jaguar Day
- Karimnagar: Bandi organises Maha Bike Rally
- YS Jagan virtually inaugurates the industries worth Rs. 1072 crore
- Google Slides presentation recording feature coming soon; Details
- Deeksha Diwas observed in Telangana Bhavan
- Preconceptional Counselling
- Telangana will prosper if Cong wins: Vijayashanti
- AMD’s largest design centre takes off in India
- Govt aims at high quality medical care: Buggana
Army personnel killing in firing by Pakistani troops
A Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) of the Army was killed on Wednesday in firing by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, defence sources said.
Jammu: A Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) of the Army was killed on Wednesday in firing by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, defence sources said.
Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and opened fire at forward posts in Keri sector, drawing retaliation from the Indian Army, the sources said.
The JCO was critically injured in the Pakistani firing and later succumbed to injuries, the sources said, adding Pakistan also suffered casualties in the retaliatory action but the exact details are awaited.
This was the second such incident in the past four days.
On August 30, a JCO was killed in Nowshera sector of Rajouri district.