- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
- February 25: A memorable day for PM Modi
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker accepts Congress MLA S. Vijayadharani's resignation
- PM Modi dedicates healthcare facilities in Punjab, yoga institute in Haryana
- Madonna’s ethnic wear look keeps internet on fire
- Kalki 2898AD: Team gives a strong counter to postpone rumours
- Harshiv Karthik’s suspense drama thriller ‘Bahumukham’ teaser unveiled
Bihar Floods: Locals protest outside Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi residence in Patna
Locals of Rajendra Nagar area here protested on Sunday outside the residence of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi over recent water-logging and floods in the city.
Patna: Locals of Rajendra Nagar area here protested on Sunday outside the residence of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi over recent water-logging and floods in the city.
Several areas of the city have been underwater for over a week, with Rajendra Nagar being one of the worst affected areas and there is fear of an outbreak of vector-borne diseases.
On October 9, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad visited a hospital here as several roads of the city remained water-clogged due to relentless rainfall in the past couple of weeks.
As per the state health department, as many as 900 dengue cases were registered in Patna since September, when the heavy rains began and continued for weeks. Low-lying areas like Kankarbagh, Rajendra Nagar, Gardani Bagh, Dak Bungalow and SK Puri are also submerged in water due to heavy rainfall and choked sewage.
Over 73 people have lost their lives after heavy rains in Bihar.