- YSRCP struggles to select candidate for Kavali constituency
- Confusion prevails over TDP candidate in Dharmavaram
- Elect Jagan for women empowerment: Peddireddi
- YSRCP suffers a major setback in Chittoor
- North Andhra, a sentimental destination for political parties
- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
CDS, Army Chief pay tributes at National War Memorial on Infantry Day
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat and Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane paid tributes at the National War Memorial on Infantry Day on Tuesday.
Infantry Day is observed as a remembrance of the first military event of independent India, when the Indian Army repelled the first attack on the Indian soil on October 27, 1947, in the Kashmir valley.
The victory was accomplished by the personnel of the First Battalion of the Sikh Regiment.