- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
What’s wrong in buying land at govt price, asks Jana Sena
After publication of a story in these columns that Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan had purchased 2.07 acres land for his residence for a pittance in Kaza in Amaravati, the party issued a statement asking what was wrong in purchasing land at the price the government had fixed.
Hyderabad: After publication of a story in these columns that Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan had purchased 2.07 acres land for his residence for a pittance in Kaza in Amaravati, the party issued a statement asking what was wrong in purchasing land at the price the government had fixed.
The party, through a series of tweets, said that the government had estimated that the value of the land at Rs 41.40 lakh. Registration fee was paid in accordance with the value estimated by the Registration department.
The party took exception to the criticism that Pawan Kalyan had acquired the land for a song at a time when land in Amaravati area is prohibitively expensive. "Is it wrong to purchase the land at the price the government had fixed?" the party asked.
The clarification from Jana Sena has proved that Pawan Kalyan had paid registration fee for only Rs.42.40 lakh. Till now it was not known whether he paid only the value as fixed by the government or had he paid over and above this amount unofficially.
Jana Sena's clarification confirmed that Pawan Kalyan has got the land for a pittance as the actual market value is about Rs 6 crore to Rs 7 crore per acre in the area.