Vajpayee’s ashes immersed in Godavari in Rajamahendravaram
BJP MLA Dr Akula Satyanarayana has said former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a glaring example for honesty and simplicity in politics
Rajamahendravaram: BJP MLA Dr Akula Satyanarayana has said former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a glaring example for honesty and simplicity in politics.
Every politician should emulate the great leader and the nation cannot forget his services rendered to the country.
Paying tributes to Vajpayee in a condolence meeting held in his office here on Wednesday, he said as a Prime Minister, he introduced many welfare schemes and developed the country on all fronts.
As Prime Minister also he used to mingle with MPs and used to read about his poems.
Vajpayee also received laurels from former Prime Minister Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru, though he was in opposition and Nehru showed interest on the speeches and debates of Vajpayee.
India got good recognition in the world with Pokhran tests and created an uproar in all countries but Vajpayee conducted the tests successfully.
He was an inspiration to all and the party never forget his services rendered to it.
Meanwhile, the ashes of Vajpayee taken to Kotilingala Ghat in a procession from Freedom Park were immersed in River Godavari.
Satyananarayana and other leaders were in front of the van which carried the ashes.
BJP leaders KB Singh, R Sridevi, A Gopi, LB Sastry and many others participated in the programme.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh