- Kharif crops' MSP rise in line with govt's many decisions for farmers' help: PM Modi
- Charge sheet against Brij Bhushan by June 15, WFI elections by June 30: Anurag Thakur
- Handball -One more in the IPL basket
- Yogi Govt to train 1,00,437 people to realise dream of 'Swachh Bharat' in rural UP
- Goods train wagons run over seven workers in Odisha, four killed
- LIC holding in Tech Mahindra increases to 8.8 per cent
- Adani Group, the emerging leader in ESG
- Cyclone 'Biparjoy' may not hit Goa coast: IMD
- Fish Prasadam on June 9
- East Godavari district secured 21st position in tap water connections
Donate eyes to live second life says Joint Commissioner of Police Dr Kanti Rana Tata
Joint Commissioner of Police Dr Kanti Rana Tata exhorted people to donate eyes instead of burning them with the body to give sight to the visually challenged
Vijayawada: Joint Commissioner of Police Dr Kanti Rana Tata exhorted people to donate eyes instead of burning them with the body to give sight to the visually challenged.
He was the chief guest at the valedictory function of the Eye Donation Fortnight organised by the Swetcha Gora Eye Bank here on Saturday.
The JCP said that everyone should become partner in the eye donation programme.
He complimented the Swetcha Gora Eye Bank which has been rendering the service to the visually challenged for the past 22 years.
“Organ donation is also a very good programme but it is not possible for everyone. But eyes could be donated by everyone,” he added.
Dr A Sridhar Reddy, Krishna district unit president of the Indian Red Cross Society, called upon people to donate eyes. Vasavya Mahila Mandali secretary G Rashmi presided over the meeting.
Earlier, Dr G Samaram demanded that the Central government announce a year for exclusively for eye donation.
Later, the winners in various competitions were presented prizes, sponsored by Inner Wheel Club of Vijayawada.
Noted artist N Ravi Kumar, Inner wheel Club of Vijayawada president SNV Radhika, social activist Chennupati Vazir were also present. Dr Deeksha proposed a vote of thanks.