- Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan greets people on State Formation Day
- KCR recalls 14-yr struggle for Telangana
- Siddipet to boast world's first 3D printed temple
- Will bolster India-Nepal ties manifold: PM Narendra Modi
- BRS no to Oppn alliance
- Centre’s decennial gift to Telangana, AP
- Congress to attend Opposition meet on June 12
- Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- After delay, Vande Bharat to connect Bengaluru, Dharwad
TDP govt failed to provide jobs to unemployed, lambasts Jagan
The YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy alleged that TDP, which has ruled the Andhra Pradesh state for 30 years, did nothing to the district He alleged that TDP has been working for its political advantage but not for the welfare of people If our party comes to power, we will take care of every family by implementing welfare schemes, he said
Vizianagaram: The YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy alleged that TDP, which has ruled the Andhra Pradesh state for 30 years, did nothing to the district. He alleged that TDP has been working for its political advantage but not for the welfare of people. ``If our party comes to power, we will take care of every family by implementing welfare schemes,’’ he said.
On Monday Jaganmohan Reddy addressed a huge public meeting in Vizianagaram and alleged that Ashok Gajapathi Raju has been in power for the past 30 years, buthad not introduced even a single project. Ashok never raised the issues of this district in Lok Sabha even when he was in Union cabinet, he alleged.
Jagan said that former chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy had worked for the welfare of society and sanctioned around Rs.400 crores to Thotapalli project and completed 90 percent of works. But the TDP government could complete the remaining 10 percent of works to benefit contractors and claiming that they had completed the entire project.
JNTU College of Engineering, Andhra University campus and others were sanctioned by YS Rajasekhara Reddy only, the YSRCP chief claims. ``Rajasekhara Reddy also sanctioned huge funds for irrigation projects like Peddagedda, Vattigedda and Janjhavathi, but the present government didn’t complete not even one project which were promised during the 2014 poll campaign.
They assured that they would make this town as smart city, would establish Tribal university, food park, hardware park. But so far none of those projects were grounded. They have not touched the lands belonging to their party leaders, however, acquired lands for BhogapuramAirport. But there is no progress in it,’’ he charged.
``In Lok Sabha, Ashok never raised the demand for railway zone in AP, special status for AP and other issues. During last elections, TDP assured that Naidu would bring jobs, but unfortunately around 12,000 workers lost their jobs with the closure of jute mills here,’’ Jagan reiterated.
It is shameful to know that the district head-quarter has no government degree college, he added. Bheemasingi sugar factory was closed during Chandrababu Naidu rule and later it was reopened by late YSR. Because of Chandrababu Naidu, AP could not get special status.
If the MPs of TDP would have resigned along with the MPs of YSRCP, the state would have got the special status, Jagan said. Later Jagan announced KVeerabhadra Swamy as the YSRCP candidate for Vizianagaram Assembly constituency.