- First-ever AI musical concert held at VIT-AP University
- CEC flags off cyclothon, walkathon in Hyderabad for voter awareness
- Actress Gayatri Joshi, realtor hubby Vikas Oberoi survive Lamborghini crash in Italy
- Adobe brings Photoshop on web to new Google Chromebook Plus devices
- Nampally CBI court adjourns hearing on YS Viveka murder case to October 16
- Pawan’s foray into T electoral politics raises heat
- Congress poll panel co-chair makes bold promises
- 1.10 L voter-related problems solved in Eluru district
- Hyderabad: Poll-wary Asad takes up development works in Old City
- YS Jagan virtually inaugurates food processing unit in the state
All set for opening EC contact centre
Joint Collector M Venugopal Reddy on Friday said that the administration has made all the necessary arrangements for setting up of the Election Commissions contact centre in the district to help voters clarify their doubts and receive complaints
Eluru: Joint Collector M Venugopal Reddy on Friday said that the administration has made all the necessary arrangements for setting up of the Election Commission’s contact centre in the district to help voters clarify their doubts and receive complaints.
He was participating in a video-conference convened by Election Commission of India Chief Information Officer Dr Kushal Pathak held from New Delhi.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Kushal directed all district election officers to take effective measures for foolproof functioning of helpline centres for the efficient conduct of 2019 elections.
He informed the district officers that tollfree No 1950 has been allotted and all districts should make necessary arrangements to appoint trained operators, set up necessary landline phones apart from provision of toll-free, voice record and internet arrangements.
The district contact centre is intended for providing information to voters, eliciting public opinion, accepting people’s suggestions and receiving complaints, he added.
Speaking in this connection, the Joint Collector informed that the administration is all prepared to set up the contact centre.