RBI inks pact with UK financial body
The Reserve Bank has signed an agreement with the UK\'s Prudential Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority for supervisory cooperation and exchange of information.
Mumbai : The Reserve Bank has signed an agreement with the UK's Prudential Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority for supervisory cooperation and exchange of information.
"The Reserve Bank signed separate Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) on Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information with Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), United Kingdom," RBI said in a statement. The central bank had entered into an MoU for supervisory co-operation with the FSA of the UK in July, 2012.
Subsequently, as part of comprehensive reforms implemented in UK financial services regulation, the functions exercised by FSA were transferred to PRA, FCA and Bank of England, it said. The transfer of functions from FSA to PRA and FCA necessitated signing of separate MoUs for supervisory co-operation between the Reserve Bank and the PRA and FCA, it added.
- Fearing defeat, oppn blaming EVMs
- Will go after the fixers in apex court: SC
- As BJP fields Sunny Deol from Gurdaspur, Kavita Khanna says 'felt betrayed'
- Delhi court sends N D Tiwari's daughter-in-law Apoorva to 2 day police custody
- Modi to hold Varanasi road show tomorrow, file nomination on April 26