Tokyo stocks retreat in morning session
Tokyo stocks retreated on Tuesday morning as a risk averse mood was pervasive as investors keenly eyed the results of Wednesday\'s US Federal Reserve policy meeting.
Tokyo stocks retreated on Tuesday morning as a risk averse mood was pervasive as investors keenly eyed the results of Wednesday's US Federal Reserve policy meeting.
The meeting could see an interest rate hike in the US that could have a bearing on emerging economies, Xinhua reported.
The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 138.85 points, or 0.74 percent, from Monday to 18,744.57 at the morning break.
The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the Tokyo Stock Exchange declined 11.67 points, or 0.76 percent, to 1,516.21.
Notable decliners at the break comprised pulp and paper, banking and nonferrous metal-linked stocks.
- Delhi HC defers hearing appeal filed by anti-Sikh riots convicts to May 20
- 24 candidates have criminal cases in Uttar Pradesh third phase: ADR
- There is conspiracy to make CJI resign: Lawyer to SC
- Lokpal to work from Delhi's 5-star luxury 'The Ashok' hotel
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates