- J&K Police evacuates critically-ill child amid heavy snow in Kulgam
- Exercise Milan has grown from 5 IOR navies to 50 navies across the Indo-Pacific: Indian Navy chief
- Players like Root should be told to play natural game: AB de Villiers on Bazball
- Islamabad United signs Guptil as replacement for Waseem
- 25mn Indians enter drinking age every year; premium brands gain traction: Absolut CEO
- Negotiations on at acquiring Paytm Payments Bank businesses as RBI deadline looms
- Calls grow in Nepal for restoration of Hindu state
- WTT: Indian women’s team loses to Chinese Taipei, Olympic hopes still alive
- Govt hardsells coal gasification projects at Mumbai roadshow
- Kerala CPI-M to field local bigwigs in upcoming Lok Sabha polls
Singapore agency to maintain Ahmedabad, Jaipur airports
Government on Wednesday cleared a pact which will pave the way for a Singapore government agency to operate and maintain Ahmedabad and Jaipur airports.
New Delhi : Government on Wednesday cleared a pact which will pave the way for a Singapore government agency to operate and maintain Ahmedabad and Jaipur airports.
Airports Authority of India (AAI) and Singapore Cooperation Enterprise (SCE) had, during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Singapore last November, signed the MoU to co-operate in planning and development of Ahmedabad and Jaipur airports besides other aspects including traffic and commercial development, service quality and operations and management.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the MoU between the AAI and SCE, an official statement said. Singapore has nominated Changi Airport for the project and a team is expected to visit the two airports sometime this month.
Globally, limited O&M contract models are prevalent for the entire airport operations, the statement said adding the AAI has no previous experience in awarding O&M contract model of terminal buildings to other entities.
In order to implement the decision, it was necessary to ensure that a suitable entity be engaged for undertaking the O&M contract at Ahmedabad and Jaipur airports, the statement said.