- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Indian actor rejects Steven Spielberg film
Indian actor Irrfan Khan has refused a part in a Steven Spielberg film because he didn\'t find \"enough meat to explore\" himself as an actor.
Mumbai: Indian actor Irrfan Khan has refused a part in a Steven Spielberg film because he didn't find "enough meat to explore" himself as an actor.
"I felt the character did not have enough meat to explore myself as an actor. Hence, I said no... Else who wouldn't want to work with Steven Spielberg?" Irrfan said in a statement.
The "Slumdog Millionaire" and "Life of Pi" actor was offered to work in a Spielberg film, which also had Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson in it.
Sharing that it is more than a dilemma for him to choose or deny films, Irrfan said: "I am at a stage in my career where I am trying my best to surprise my audience with every role and give them some. I am hoping the future holds something so path-breaking and so empowering for me as an artiste that no will not be an option."