TJAC to embark on Bayyaram bus yatra
Hyderabad:A The Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC), which has been opposing the government's decision to...
Hyderabad:A The Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC), which has been opposing the government's decision to allot Bayyaram ores to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant vociferously all this while, has made up its mind to enter into agitation mode. Accordingly, a TJAC delegation led by Prof. Kodandaram will embark on a two-day bus yatra to the tribal region on May 27.
This decision was taken at the TJAC steering committee meeting that was held here on Friday. The bus yatra would pass through Bheemadevarapally (Karimnagar district) and Manukota (in Warangal district) before reaching Bayyaram on May 28. A big public meeting would be held in Bayyaram marking the culmination of the bus tour, the JAC leaders said.
TJAC to meet Guv Meanwhile, Telangana JAC has decided to meet the Governor ESL Narasimhan over the Bayyaram issue. TJAC leaders led by Prof. Kodandaram would like to seek Governor's intervention, and ensure that the rights of tribals were protected. The date would be finalised after checking with Governor's schedule in the coming days, the TJAC chief said.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow