- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
TSRTC Chairman Somarapu Satyanarayana to quit politics
Ranmagundam MLA and TSRTC Chairman Somarapu Satyanarayana on Monday said he would retire from politics
Hyderabad: Ranmagundam MLA and TSRTC Chairman Somarapu Satyanarayana on Monday said he would retire from politics.
According to party leaders, Satyanarayana was upset with the party leaders in the Peddapally district. Satyanarayana had given no confidence motion against the mayor and deputy mayor in the Ramagundam municipal corporation.
The no confidence issue came to the notice of Municipal Administration Minister K T Rama Rao, who directed the MLA to withdraw the notice. The MLA is said to be unhappy with the minister's orders.
The MLA said that he was taking political sanyas. He said that he would not go in any party. He alleged that few people were stopping development in the district. He further said that he would not contest in any elections. He clarified that he had to take this decision because there was no support for development. ''It is better to move away from politics before getting a bad name that I could not serve the people l, '' said Satyanarayana.