- Warangal: SR University shines in NIRF rankings
- Warangal: Congress gears up for polls
- CBI begins Balasore train accident probe
- Leadership Development Mission launched in Narketpally
- India played key role in vaccine development during Covid pandemic: WHO chief scientist
- TS created record in setting up industries: Puvvada
- CM KCR lauds employees contribution to State’s rapid development
- Plea to discuss VRAs problems at AP Cabinet meet
- Tirupati: Congress demands reduction in GST on fuel, food items
- BSF jawan killed, two Assam Rifles personnel injured in Manipur
Kurnool: Excise sleuths bust secret liquor shop in RTC driver's house
Excise sleuths on Thursday busted a secret liquor shop in an APRTC drivers house which was hidden behind a puja room
Excise sleuths on Thursday busted a secret liquor shop in an APRTC driver's house which was hidden behind a puja room.
The officials were shocked to see the cheap liquor bottles behind the pooja room in the RTC driver Lakshman's house at Rudravaram village of Pamulapadu of Kurnool district. According to the officials, Lakshman used to prepare the cheap liquor after finish up his duty and store in the used bottles.
He then hid the bottles in a structure made behind the portraits of gods in the room and would attach the label of expensive liquor before selling them to wine shops. Acting on a tip-off, the excise officials raided his house and seized the 56 litres of liquor and empty liquor bottles.