Get the Cannes look: Sculpt yourself like Hollywood celebrities
Get The Cannes Look: Sculpt Yourself Like Hollywood Celebrities. The red carpet of the 68th edition Cannes International Film Festival has featured not just designer gowns, but also for striking hair and makeup trends. Julianne Moore and Lupita N’yongo were among those who stood out.
New Delhi: The red carpet of the 68th edition Cannes International Film Festival has featured not just designer gowns, but also for striking hair and makeup trends. Julianne Moore and Lupita N’yongo were among those who stood out.
The leading Hollywood ladies flaunted a sculpted look to perfection. Here's how you can do it too!
Shailesh Moolya, national creative director, hair at Lakme Salon and Sushma Khan, national creative director, makeup at Lakme Salon, have decoded, in few easy steps how to get these looks, said a statement.
* Julianne Moore at Cannes
Hair: The classic low chignon
- To get this clean side swept low chignon, start with washing and blowdrying the hair.
- Lightly back comb hair at the crown for slight volume.
- Comb hair into a deep side parting, and brush tight and neat. Tie into a low pone close to the nape of the neck.
- Use a hair bungee to tie the bun, and gel the remaining loose fly aways.
Makeup: The Au naturel sculpt face
- To get a clean surface to apply makeup, use an eye primer from the lid to the brow bone. Then, use a shadow base from the inner corner to outer edge of the eyelid. Carefully apply black eye shadow, avoiding any smudging or smearing around the eye.
- Fill the water line with grey kohl pencil and smudge on the outside with a pencil brush for a smokey effect. Add fake lashes and mascara the upper lashes to add more drama.
- Lastly, shape eyebrows with a clean raised arch for a shapely and sculpted look
- For a nude sculpted face, use a foundation shade 3-4 shades darker than your actual skin tone. Using a brush, start from the centre of the ear and go downward towards the corner of the lip, stopping halfway at the cheek. Contour the sides of your nose as well to get a sharp chiselled touch.
- For nude lips, line your lip with a lip pencil 3 shades darker than your lip colour and fill in with a natural nude shade. This way, the drama of the sculpted eyes is focused on.
* Lupita N’yongo at Cannes
Hair: Regal high fronut bun
- Mist hair with hairspray to avoid frizzing and flyaways, and to add texture.
- Tilt head slightly forward to gather tresses neatly into a ponytail at the center of the crown.
- Insert a doughnut stuffing into the pony.
- Pull through the centre of the doughnut and distribute evenly all around by wrapping the pony hair around the doughnut.
- Gel back any flyaways on the crown, or braid and twist it around the bun.
Makeup: Sculpted pout
- Apply foundation on your lips, as it gives a good base. This way, you can extend your lip line and shape, to make it look fuller and sculpted for those that have a thinner upper or lower lip.
- Take an intense lip colour of any shade -dark or light- make sure it is bold. Carefully outline the lip, and then fill the centre for a bold and sculpted look.
- Add a glossy lip colour for a shimmery finish.
- Define arches with an eyebrow pen and line eyes with black kohl.
- Apply pale pink blush on cheekbones
- Vice President Naidu calls for concerted global action to eliminate terror
- Twenty-seven thousand youths lose their jobs every 24 hours: Rahul in Amethi
- Deve Gowda urges world community to come together to eliminate terrorism
- Cong, CPI(M) working together to make Modi PM again: Mamata
- Delhi HC defers hearing appeal filed by anti-Sikh riots convicts to May 20