Deep cleanse your skin before you dig into your make-up treasure, and don't forget a primer before applying the right foundation when you set out to get ready for a Valentine's Day date, suggest experts.
Get your make-up right for romantic date
Rozar Lobo, make-up artiste, The Body Shop India, Reena Chhabra, CEO at Nykaa Beauty and Bindiya Gupta, beauty expert at Organic Harvest have given inputs:
- Before you delve into your vanity kit, it is necessary to cleanse your skin with organic products. Follow the skin care regime (cleansing - toning - moisturising). Use a brightening scrub and cast off the dull skin and pamper your face with a hydrating face mask which will improve the quality of your skin.
- Remove the dead skin using a lip scuff for smooth effect and then apply a nourishing lip balm before you apply a lip colour. Do not forget your hair as it is equally important, so go for a good hair spa.
- Use a matte primer to make a perfect base for your make-up and conceal the imperfections with the right kind of concealer.
- Dab the foundation closest to your skin shade. A cushion foundation is a new trend you could try or use your existing liquid foundation with make-up brush or a sponge. Wait till it settles. Take the two shades of compact - one lighter and darker; the lighter one for the T- zone and the darker one on C-zone to get the perfect sculpted look.
- For the cheeks, contour with a shade adjusting drop with blusher brush on hollow of the cheek.
- To make your contour more intense, use a bronzing powder on it. To make your look more natural, apply an all in one blush. To create perfect gradation, highlight cheek bone with a honey bronzer using the shade according to your skin shade.
- With the help of a fan brush, gently apply shimmer wave on the temples of your face.
- For your eyes, enhance the vibrancy of your eye shadow with an instant matte eye base prior to the eye shadow.
- Conceal the under eyes and lid well with appropriate colour. Use a gold colour stick on the eye lids and over it add an earthy brown shade on the outer corner of the eye. Blend it well with a blender brush and for inner eye corner, use a brighter eyeshadow. Use a shimmer wave for brow bone highlighting.
- Line your upper lids with a black gel liner and fill the waterline and blend it with a bright eye shadow in the lower lash line to get the smokey effect.
- Finish the eyes by using a good lasting mascara and groom brows with a definer for intense application and apply transparent mascara to fix it.
- Before the application of the lipstick, prepare your lips with the lip primer. Apply a long lasting lip crayon.
- Prep your nails with a bright gel nail lacquer as it not only gives a good finish but also lasts long.