- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Hotel fire in Jammu kills 4, 11 hurt
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 11injured when a fire broke out in a hotel in Jammu in the wee hours of the day.
The incident occurred in Hotel Neelam in bus stand area of Jammu city at around 02:30 hours, police said.
As the smoke started billowing out of the three-storey building, police and fire service personnel rushed to the spot and launched operation to rescue the people trapped in the hotel.
Four persons were killed in the blaze while 11 injured were admitted to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here, they said.
According to local residents, the fire started from a storeroom on the ground floor of the hotel where tyres had been stored.
The owner of the hotel is also a local transporter, they said.
Seven fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the blaze.
My condolences to the families of those killed in the hotel fire in Jammu today & prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured 1/2