- PM Modi launches slew of developmental projects in poll-bound Rajasthan
- India proposes barring pilots and flight attendants from using perfume
- Bodies of three minor sisters found stuffed in trunk near Punjab's Jalandhar, parents held
- After Bihar releases caste-based census, Rahul says it is important to know caste statistics
- US pharma giant Viatris inks 2 deals to sell India business for $1.2 bn
- LG orders Project Management Unit to be set up for Multi Modal Integration ops at Metro Stations
- Will conduct caste census in India after 2024: Lalu Prasad
- JSW Infra to make market debut on Tuesday after 2 days of IPO closure
- Net office leasing rises 5 pc to 18-month high of 10.37 mn sq ft in Jul-Sep across top 7 cities: JLL
- Ageing Singapore offers a blueprint for action By Rahul Malhotra, Duke-NUS Medical School
Pathankot: 'Alert, prepared' security forces contain Air Force base attack
Security forces had been on high alert since yesterday following the attack on a senior police officer, due to which the attack today morning near the Air Force base was contained in the non-operational area of the base ensuring the safety of the civials and protecting the Air Force equipments.
Pathankot : Security forces had been on high alert since yesterday following the attack on a senior police officer, due to which the attack today morning near the Air Force base was contained in the non-operational area of the base ensuring the safety of the civials and protecting the Air Force equipments.
Based on the developments of yesterday the Army had sounded an alert accordingly and placed 2 Army Columns, a Special Forces team in the Air Force Station prior to the attack today. A National Security Guard team has also teamed up with them to foil the terrorist plans.
The local Brigade Commander of Army is coordinating the operations and in addition, UAVs of the India Army & Indian Air Force have also been put into action to get inputs.
Earlier today, around five militants in Army fatigue opened fire near the Air Force station here and a gunbattle occurred between the security forces and the attackers.
The firing began at 3:30 am today and two militants have been killed so far in the heavy firing and the area has been cordoned off.
The remaining terrorists have been cordoned to the domestic area of Air Force Station and the technical area of the airbase is safe.
Meanwhile, top officials have convened an emergency meet at the Air Force Headquarters in Delhi and the situation is being monitored at the highest level.
This attack comes a day after the Gurdaspur SP was allegedly kidnapped and beaten up by men in Army fatigues before being released.