- Is India ready to adopt the EV ecosystem?
- World Environment Day: Fashionable Choices to #BeatPlasticPollution
- Cancer Survivor's Day: How Can I become a cancer survivor
- Pawan Kalyan's 'OG' begins third schedule today
- Cancer Survivor's Day: Celebrating the Strength and Resilience of Cancer Survivors By Dr P Vijay Anand Reddy
- CM Ashok Gehlot to Launch Gas Cylinder Subsidy Yojana on Monday.
- Anasuya liplock goes viral in social media
- Union Railway Minister ordered CBI probe into Odisha Triple Train Accident
- Two dead after a TATA ACE vehicle collided with a bus at Kondareddy circle in Pileru
- Hit Gujarati horror thriller ‘Vash’ set for Hindi remake with Ajay Devgn
Think beyond money, Bedi urges youngsters
Several cricketers have brought disrepute to the game by using illegal and unfair practices in the sport which should be actually based on honesty,...
Several cricketers have brought disrepute to the game by using illegal and unfair practices in the sport which should be actually based on honesty, uprightness and integrity, former Indian captain Bishen Singh Bedi said here on Saturday.
".. It is the players who have caused havoc in world cricket, if not Indian cricket," he said, speaking on 'Is Cricket facing credibility crisis?', organised by the Palkhivala Foundation.
Observing that the game is directly linked with honesty, uprightness and integrity," he said, "For me, cricket is also linked with spirituality."
Recalling the 'bodyline' tactics of former English captain Douglas Jardine, who placed seven players behind the batsman, he said, "Here you can see that the players brought this and later this was not allowed."
"Ball tampering was brought in by players. They used bottle top, grease stuff and thereby took undue advantage. That's why the ball is given to umpires these days after a wicket is taken," said Bedi.