- WhatsApp rolling out new calling button on iOS beta
- Formula 1: Mercedes optimistic after significant progress shown at Spanish GP
- US, India agree roadmap for defence industry cooperation
- Primary schools in B'desh shut due to heatwave
- OTT: Allu Arjun crowns Soujanya Bhagavathula as the winner of aha “Telugu Indian Idol Season 2”
- KTR inaugurates RRR knowledge Hub introduced by Telangana government
- World Environment Day: Bollywood celebs making their bit to save Mother Earth
- CBI probe into Balasore train accident a diversionary tactic: Ex-Rail Min Pawan Bansal
- Microsoft to require SMB signing by default in Windows 11
- ‘Fouja’ hits theatres; Karthik Dammu’s ‘Angad’ moves audiences to tears
Sharapova, Serena set up bitter rivalry
London: Maria Sharapova tore into Wimbledon rival Serena Williams on the eve of the Championships, setting the tone for a tournament likely to be...
London: Maria Sharapova tore into Wimbledon rival Serena Williams on the eve of the Championships, setting the tone for a tournament likely to be dominated by their unseemly public row. The Russian blasted the defending champion for her controversial comments over a high-profile rape case and even ripped into the American's colourful private life. In the astonishing attack on the World No. 1, Sharapova told Williams to keep her opinions to herself, laying bare the bitter relationship between the two. "She should be talking about her accomplishments, her achievements, rather than everything else that's just getting attention and controversy," said Sharapova. The World No. 3, who has not beaten her great rival since 2004, also criticised Williams's love life after the American had aimed a thinly-disguised jibe at the Russian's affair with Bulgarian player, Grigor Dimitrov - believed to be a former Williams boyfriend. "There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest," Williams told Rolling Stone magazine without naming Sharapova.