- Ruturaj Gaikwad from Chennai Super Kings has tied the knot with Utkarsha Pawar
- Understand person’s object relationship
- Prominent Shrines in the land of Kalinga
- Our body produces opioids naturally?
- Global stock taking at Bonn climate summit
- Invasive lionfish threaten, ecosystems
- Srisailam temple gets 5 battery-operated vehicles
- 9 Years in Office: CM KCR – A Statesman Par Excellence
- Nellore: Kakani Govardhan Reddy lauds YSRCP rule as golden era for farmers
- Tirupati: Municipal Corporation of Tirupati standing panel gives nod for Rs 4 cr development works
Double delight for coaches
The remuneration of coaches in various sports disciplines would not be limited to Rs one lakh as the government has increased the cap to Rs 2 lakh, the Lok Sabha was informed on Thursday
New Delhi: The remuneration of coaches in various sports disciplines would not be limited to Rs one lakh as the government has increased the cap to Rs 2 lakh, the Lok Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Responding to supplementaries during Question Hour, Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore said it has been decided to increase the cap of remuneration by 100 per cent as the present cap of Rs one lakh was found to be impractical as foreign coaches were charging much more.
He also said the cash incentive of medal winning players would be distributed among the grassroots, intermediate and apex level coach.
So far, the amount was only given to the apex coach, ignoring the contribution of others who spotted and nurtured the talent at various levels.