ISSF World C'ship: Hriday Hazarika bags gold in 10m air rifle
Teenager Hriday Hazarika on Friday clinched a gold medal for India in the Mens 10m Air Rifle Junior event at the ongoing International Shooting Sports Federation ISSF World Championship
Changwon [South Korea]: Teenager Hriday Hazarika on Friday clinched a gold medal for India in the Men's 10m Air Rifle Junior event at the ongoing International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Championship.
The 16-year-old finished on top of the podium with a total of 250.1 points in the final round of the event.
Amir Neokounam of Iran tied with the Indian shooter with a point tally of 250.1, but the former had to settle for silver after Hazarika inched ahead in the shoot-off round with a tiny margin of 0.1.
The bronze medal went to Russian shooter Grigorii Shamakov, who scored a total of 228.6 points to claim the third-podium finish.
On Thursday, 2018 Asian Games champion Saurabh Chaudhary won a gold medal in the 10m Air Pistol Junior event in the ongoing championship by surpassing his earlier feat to set a new record score of 245.5.
- Madras High Court refuses to quash charges against Dayanidhi Maran, others in telephone exchange case
- Social media firms to act against paid adverts violating Election Commission norms: IAMAI
- BJP ministers organise Holika Dahan, say it symbolises burning of evil of 'corruption of Congress, AAP'
- No deadlock in Mahagathbandhan over seats: Tejashwi
- Activist Gauri Sawant appointed as first transwoman Election Commission ambassador