- AP Cabinet meeting concludes, here are the decisions
- Police In Kurukshetra Lathicharge On Farmers Who Were Protesting
- Investors in wait n watch mode ahead of RBI meet
- Home Minister Dr Parameshwara determined to erase communal tag on coastal areas
- Telangana: Youth congress national executive meetings begin in Hyderabad
- TDP manifesto creating tremors in YSRCP: Sunitha
- Union Minister Pravin Pawar releases BJP broucher in Vijayawada
- Visakhapatnam: Outreach activities organised at Eastern Naval Command
- Rajamahendravaram : Alumnus assures help in classroom construction in govt degree college
- Extension of suburban rail project to Mysore, Gauribidanur, Kolar soon: MB Patil
Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore assures financial support
Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, on Sunday, promised continued support to medal prospects for the 2022 Asian and Commonwealth Games even though the focus has now shifted to 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
London: Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, on Sunday, promised continued support to medal prospects for the 2022 Asian and Commonwealth Games even though the focus has now shifted to 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
"I know in the next two years players will focus on 2020 Olympics but there are a lot of them who are not an immediate medal prospects in the coming Olympics," Rathore said.
"Earlier the funding for these players used to be stopped but we are changing it.
It is a big challenge for me that the funding for the medal prospects for the next Asian Games, Commonwealth Games continues.
I am trying my best, talking to corporates who are passionate about sports to raise funds," he said.
Rathore assured that there will be no bureaucracy from the Ministry's side and no call for help will go unanswered.
“Things will change, I'm not saying it will be fast but I can assure the speed of change will be the best as we can do.
You have already noticed the differences you will see many more differences ahead. Stay focussed on your sport," he said.