- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 03 June 2023
- Here is what ‘Mem Famous’ collected in the first week
- OTT: ‘Senapathi’ director’s next titled ‘Dayaa’
- Modi can become first Indian PM to address US Congress twice
- Tropical storm Mawar brings heavy rain to wide swathes of Japan
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 03 June 2023
- Five dead and six injured as Toofan vehicle hits a lorry in Pileru
- Odisha Train accident 233 dead 900 injured
- Addition of sedition in rioting case: HC seeks police stand on Sharjeel Imam’s plea
- Another Congress ally backs Kejriwal on Ordinance row
Manav defeats U-21 World No. 8
Indias prodigious young paddler Manav Vikash Thakkar scored an easy 30 victory over Russias Lev Katsman in the quarterfinals to assure himself a place in the last four and at least a bronze medal for his exploits but had to earlier display his prowess as he eked out a hardfought 32 win against World No 8 of the U21 mens singles category, Yuki Matsuyama of Japan, in the quarterfinals of the
Minsk (Belarus): India’s prodigious young paddler Manav Vikash Thakkar scored an easy 3-0 victory over Russia’s Lev Katsman in the quarterfinals to assure himself a place in the last four and at least a bronze medal for his exploits but had to earlier display his prowess as he eked out a hard-fought 3-2 win against World No. 8 of the U-21 men’s singles category, Yuki Matsuyama of Japan, in the quarterfinals of the ITTF Challenge Belgosstrakh Belarus Open here in Minsk.
Buoyant after the big win, Manav didn’t let Russia's Katsman settle into the game as he breezed past him with easy 11-5, 11-7 and 15-13 wins to progress into the semi-finals. In the men’s doubles category, the duo of Harmeet-Sanil couldn’t move past the combination of Oleksandr Didukh of Ukraine and Lubomir Pistej of Slovakia in their opening round of 16 clash as they went down 1-4 to bow out of the tournament.