Apple patents futuristic AR windshield system that will support FaceTime
Apple is going aggressive in car technology and its latest patent envisions a futuristic windshield, as seen in scifi movies, showing you not only where to turn next, but also allowing you to FaceTime your friends while onthego
California [United States]: Apple is going aggressive in car technology and its latest patent envisions a futuristic windshield, as seen in sci-fi movies, showing you not only where to turn next, but also allowing you to FaceTime your friends while on-the-go.
The patent filings, as reported by Patently Apple, describe an augmented reality windshield system, dubbed Heads up Display. The system has been designed for an autonomous vehicle (hence, the support for FaceTime) with the ability to gauge occupants' stress levels.
If the occupants of the self-driving vehicle are feeling stressed out, the system will be able to analyse the eye motion, posture, gestures, and body temperature to change the AR display to something which is calming.
While the technology may seem like something straight out of your fantasy, it may not necessarily turn out to be a final product. Apple is known for patenting technologies which are primarily aimed at research.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting