Today’s your last chance to save old Flickr photos
Today, February 5th, 2019 is the day that Flickr will stop offering 1TB of free storage Instead, the firm will only allow users to store 1,000 photos for free of cost And if youve got more than 1,000 photos, the firm will start deleting them
- Flickr to stop offering 1TB of free storage
- Got more than 1,000 photos on a free Flickr account? Act now!
- Flickr Pro account will cost $49.99 per year
Today, February 5th, 2019 is the day that Flickr will stop offering 1TB of free storage. Instead, the firm will only allow users to store 1,000 photos for free of cost. And if you’ve got more than 1,000 photos, the firm will start deleting them.
That means that today, now, maybe even this moment, is your last chance to cough up $49.99 per year for a Flickr Pro account to stay away from imminent deletion. Or else you can just download your photos from Flickr to a hard drive and upload them somewhere else.
If you’re a passionate photographer, there is a probability that you’ve already backed up your originals. Flickr’s been warning about this change for a few months now. Previously Flickr said more than 97 per cent of its users were under the 1,000 photos limit.
But if you fall under the category of that left out 3 per cent, and you don’t have backups, here’s hoping this news will reach you in time.
- Man beaten up in Gurgaon for wearing skull cap
- BJP won rural Bengal riding on Modi government's schemes
- Modi, Rahul pays tribute to Nehru on 55th death anniversary
- Kejriwal prepares AAP workers for 2020 polls; says don't get disheartened
- PM Modi visits mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar to seek blessings