Warangal gears up to tackle water shortage in summer

Warangal gears up to tackle water shortage in summer
Highlights

Keeping in mind the increasing water requirement in the city, the Mayor N Narender has on Tuesday asked the officials to prepare plans to address possible shortage of water in the current summer. The Mayor was holding a review meeting with the heads of departments and wing officers at Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation premises.

Warangal: Keeping in mind the increasing water requirement in the city, the Mayor N Narender has on Tuesday asked the officials to prepare plans to address possible shortage of water in the current summer. The Mayor was holding a review meeting with the heads of departments and wing officers at Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation premises.

Enquiring on the status of tax collection, the Mayor directed the officials to ensure 100 per cent collections. But he advised them not to cause any inconvenience to the citizens in the process of collecting taxes. The officials informed him that 40 per cent of the taxes from recently merged villages have already been collected. Now measures are being taken to collect the remaining 60 per cent.

The Mayor, in his meeting with the officials, reviewed the status of drinking water supply in tri-cities and enquired about the availability of water at summer storage tanks. He asked the corporation officials to ensure proper supply of drinking water to all households under the corporation limits.

According to the officials, now water is being supplied once in three days. Deputy Mayor Khaja Sirajuddin, Municipal Commissioner Sarfaraz Ahmed and other officials were present in the meeting.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
More Stories


Top