- Despite worries, 83% of Indian workers willing to let AI help at job
- Indian-American teen wins $50,000 Young Scientist award
- MG Motor India Reports Sales of 5006 units for the month of May 2023
- Akshaya Patra Foundation resumes Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Bengaluru
- India removes evolution and periodic table from text books
- How to eat better
- ‘Bhola Shankar’ first single date locked; promo on 2nd June
- YS Jagan flays Chandrababu in Kurnool, takes jibe at TDP's manifesto
- Beware! Malware found in 101 Android Apps; Delete these apps
- Anil Chalamalasetty honored with doctor of science degree for pioneering sustainable energy
Women take part in cart festival for first time
Women took out Kumbh Kalash procession. In the evening they gathered in large numbers to pull the chariot. It was the first time that the women participated in car festival.
Yadgir (Karnataka): In yet another achievement, women in rural areas on Sunday demonstrated their willpower by pulling Hucchappayya chariot at Haratagi village in Yadgir district in Karnataka.
Women thronged the temple premises at Haratagi village to participate in cart festival. Prior to the car festival ritual ceremonies like Ganga Snan were performed. Women took out Kumbh Kalash procession. In the evening they gathered in large numbers to pull the chariot. It was the first time that the women participated in car festival.