- JEE Advanced 2023 exam begins across country, more candidates to appear from AP, Telangana
- Sharwanand wedding update: The groom is not more a bachelor
- Odisha train tragedy: PM Modi expresses gratitude to world leaders for condolence messages
- Goa Environmental Film Festival kicks off with ‘The Elephant Whisperers’
- Kannada actress Prema takes ramp walk with cancer survivors to spread message of courage
- Chiranjeevi swag looks at Star Cancer Centre inaugural ceremony
- Prabhas celebrates Prashanth Neel birthday
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 04 June 2023
- Kichcha Sudeep applauds Malayalam blockbuster ‘2018’
- Chiranjeevi’s ‘Bholaa Shankar’ to be released in more than 600 locations in USA
Tree plantation drive held in city
Over the years, Hyderabad forest cover has been declining due to the speedy commercialisation of the city From 40,746 sq km of forests in 1930, the area has shrunk to a mere 17,000 sq km in 2018 237 of forest cover completely disappeared due to deforestation while 185 of the green cover is critically endangered
Over the years, Hyderabad forest cover has been declining due to the speedy commercialisation of the city. From 40,746 sq. km of forests in 1930, the area has shrunk to a mere 17,000 sq. km in 2018. 23.7% of forest cover completely disappeared due to deforestation while 18.5% of the green cover is critically endangered.
Seen as a measure for the mitigation of this perennial problem, for the first time in Hyderabad, Weatherseal has conducted tree plantation drives with the motive of providing a cleaner and greener future to the city. The drive called #sealthenature was held at HMWSSB, NRR Puram site-2 in Borabanda saw the participation of enthusiastic locals, Prakriti NGOs and influential personalities. Weatherseal has been conducting plantation drives all over the country as a monthly initiative since June. The brand through this drive bolstered their focus on creating awareness and a sense of responsibility among society for preserving and nurturing the environment.
Harish Munireddy, founder and CEO of Weatherseal said, “Planting trees is the only method that we can implement to combat the rising air pollution and global warming. Trees help in reducing the ambient temperature and also purifies the air. So, such a practice should be adopted widely. As a plus point, trees would also add to the aesthetic beauty of any place.” The recent green drive is just part of a larger plan of Weatherseal in making the environment healthy for citizens and it also plans on taking the realm forward with a slew of the environment-friendly measures throughout the year.
Jayasree Monga, CEO, Prakriti Environmental Society, said, “Oxygen produced from trees is not only important for us humans but also serves as protection against UVB (ultraviolet B-shortwave) that is present in sunlight. In this era of high pollution, our moral duty is to provide eco-friendly housing solutions and green infrastructure for a healthy living.”