- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Kohli scripts birthday fairytale
Equals Tendulkar's world record with 49th ton
Kolkata: Batting virtuoso Virat Kohli on Sunday slammed a record-equalling 49th one-day international century as he drew level with legendary Sachin Tendulkar for most tons in the format.
Firing the long-awaited ton, Kohli got to three-figure mark off 119 balls as his hundred was laced with 10 boundaries. Kohli's century came against South Africa at the iconic Eden Gardens in Kolkata in India's eighth game of the ODI World Cup.
With the ton, Kohli also became the first batter ever to score 50 centuries in white-ball cricket -- has one T20I ton against Afghanistan as well. It turned out to be a special ton for Kohli as he notched up the record-equalling ton on his 35th birthday.
With the sensational effort, Kohli also became the third India batter after Sachin and Vinod Kambli to register a century on his birthday.