- Roche's new bispecific monoclonal antibody to treat vision loss in India
- Assault On Medical Student By Patient And Friend Sparks Outrage At Tamil Nadu's Vellore Hospital
- Yogi government expanded its cabinet, 4 new ministers Joined
- Delhi: Woman dies after husband sets her ablaze amid quarrel
- Govt targets 5-fold jump in India’s share of global space economy
- Happy Shiva Ratri 2024: Best Messages, Quotes, Wishes, and Greetings to Share on Shiva Ratri
- Bengal Govt moves SC against CBI probe into attack on ED at Sandeshkhali
- Four new ministers inducted in UP Cabinet
- Technology’s share in world Mcap nearing 40 pc, showing high-level of concentration
- Pro-Pak slogans row: Police told to take strict action against anti-national activities, says Karnataka Dy CM
Tamil Nadu Advocates For Women-Centric Policies Through Implementing Gender Budgets Across All Departments
- Officials on September 18 announced that each department in the Tamil Nadu government will now have a gender budget.
- P Geetha Jeevan, the state's minister for social welfare and women's rights, had already delivered a statement in this regard before the state Assembly.
Officials on September 18 announced that each department in the Tamil Nadu government will now have a gender budget. The Department of Social Welfare and Women's Empowerment has released the Government Order (GO), which includes the essential instructions. P Geetha Jeevan, the state's minister for social welfare and women's rights, had already delivered a statement in this regard before the state Assembly.
As per sources, Gender budgeting entails approaching the creation, execution, and evaluation of any policy or programme from the standpoint of gender. According to the rules, all new programmes introduced in Tamil Nadu will be evaluated against a checklist and categorised into one of four categories: gender transformational, responsive, neutral, or blind.