- Dulquer Salmaan, Venky Atluri’s ‘Lucky Baskhar’ shoot commences
- Increasing support for Naidu in the form of Post Cards
- PM Modi reaches BJP’s ‘Karyakarta Mahakumbh’ in Bhopal, takes round of Jamboori Maidan
- PL Sector Report: Agro Chemicals & Fertilizers - Weekly Update – Crop acreages marginally up +0.3% YoY; Cumulative rainfall as on 20th Sep’23 down 7% YoY
- Rajasthan's heirtage forts are drivers of state's tourism economy
- Dengue cases in Bengal top 38K mark
- Vasundhara Raje gets into active mode ahead of PM's Jaipur visit
- Israel’s leading cardiologist stresses need for innovative strategies to combat smoking-related cardiovascular disease in India
- Youthful entertainer ‘MAD’ locks new release date
- AP rocks with TDP ranks’ protests in support of Chandrababu’s arrest enters 12th day
Congress Legislature Party merger into TRS comes as a rude jolt
The jolt of merging the Congress with the TRS has rocked the constituency, as the local legislator is all set to join the pink party. The legislator met TRS Working President K Taraka Rama Rao (KTR) in Hyderabad on Thursday, giving clarity that he is going to the fold of ruling party.
Tandur: The jolt of merging the Congress with the TRS has rocked the constituency, as the local legislator is all set to join the pink party. The legislator met TRS Working President K Taraka Rama Rao (KTR) in Hyderabad on Thursday, giving clarity that he is going to the fold of ruling party.
Pilot Rohit Reddy, who defied then Minister Mahender Reddy, quit TRS and joined Congress just before the Assembly elections. He won the mandate by defeating the then minister. Rohit, along with Konda Vishweswar Reddy, who also quit TRS before Parliament elections, worked hard to strengthen the Congress in the region. Their efforts and work showed positive results, as the national party improved significantly in the district.
However, as the situation in the state turned gloomy for Congress Party, Rohit decided to leave. Rohit's followers said that the MLA took the decision in order to bring more funds for the development of the constituency.
It is to be reminded that Speaker of Telangana State Legislative Assembly Pocharam Srinivas Reddy gave a nod for the merger of 12 Congress MLAs into TRS Legislature Party after they submitted a memorandum on the merger. They stated in the memorandum that they constitute two-thirds of Congress Legislature Party, out of 18 members.
The activists of Congress Party expressed anger over Rohit's decision. "He won because of his criticism on the ruling party for not doing anything for the constituency. How come now the ruling party became good all of a sudden for him?" they questioned."We worked hard for day and night for his victory. It is unfair on his part. Let him resign as MLA and win again," they challenged.