- Allahabad High Court orders removal of encroachments from heritage sites
- Shutting visa service for Canadians will impact lakhs of Punjabis: Sukhbir Badal
- Bumrah is going to be tested at the death, when the Australian middle order is firing, says Mukund
- BTS renew contract with K-pop label Big Hit Music
- Andhra youth dies of cardiac arrest while dancing
- 35-yr-old cop commits suicide in Gurugram
- 17 Mumbaikars to compete in Acrobatic Gymnastics Asian Championship, Uzbekistan
- Two drown in Krishna river during Ganesh idols immersion
- Uttar Pradesh: 1.07 cr students take admission in classes 9 to 12
- Microsoft to announce Windows 11 23H2 today: All about the new AI-powered features
Hanuman Jayanti fete: Devotee numbers surge at Bhadradri
Bhadrachalam: A large number of devotees thronged Sri Sitaramachandra Swamy temple in Bhadrachalam on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti on Wednesday. Special prayers and rituals were performed at the temple which was opened to the devotees from 3 am. Rituals like Panchamruta Abhishekam and Sundarakanda recitation were conducted at the temple of Lord Hanuman located on the main temple precincts.
A huge number of devotees who have taken up Hanuman Deeksha arrived at the temple from Warangal, Karimnagar, Khammam, Bhupalpalli, Nalgonda, Adilabad and other districts. They ended their 40-day deeksha after taking a holy bath in the river Godavari. Meanwhile, the temple authorities made elaborate arrangements to ensure smooth darshan for those observing the Deeksha.
As the flow of devotees has been on the surge, the temple board has made ready nearly 2 lakh laddus for distribution as prasadam.
Similarly, special prayers were offered and rituals were conducted all the Hanuman temples and Lord Rama temples all over the district marking Hanuman Jayanti celebrations.
At many places 'Hanumad Homam' and spiritual discourses were conducted.