- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Hyderabad: Congress to pay silent tribute to martyred Army jawans today
The party leaders will also protests across the State against steep hike in petrol & diesel prices on June 29
Hyderabad: TPCC leaders would pay tributes to the Army jawans who were martyred fighting the Chinese troops in Ladakh, across the State on Friday. They will also and also stage protests against steep hike in petrol and diesel prices on June 29.
Giving details, TPCC president N Uttam Kumar Reddy on Thursday said that all Congress leaders and workers would pay silent tributes to 20 martyrs of Indian Army in a programme 'Amaraveerulaku Congress Salaam' to be organised on Friday at 11 am.
Uttam Kumar Reddy, along with AICC incharge RC Khuntia, urged all Congress leaders to participate in the silent tribute to martyrs in all districts and Assembly constituencies headquarters.
They will carry national flags and observe an hour-long 'Mouna Deeksha' to condemn Chinese occupation on our land and demand its restoration.
Similarly, Uttam said that the Congress party would organise dharna at all district headquarters on June 29 against the steep hike in the prices of petrol and diesel.
The TPCC chief held a video-conference with party leaders to explain the modalities of the programmes. He requested the leaders to organise the Mouna Deeksha programme for one hour at the statues of Mahatma Gandhi or other national leaders and pay tributes to Col Santosh Babu and other martyrs.
Later, they should organise 'Speak Up' programme to demand China to leave the Indian territory, he said.
Similarly, he said that the Congress leaders would organise two-hour long protests against increase in prices of petrol and diesel on June 29 at all district and Assembly headquarters. Later, they will submit a memorandum to the District Collectors.