- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Wanaparthy: A spiritual undertaking
As part of the Mahi Padipuja celebrations, a divine spectacle unfolded at the Shri Dharmashastra Ayyappa Swamy Temple in Pebbair Municipal Centre, Wanaparthy district on Monday.
Wanaparthy: As part of the Mahi Padipuja celebrations, a divine spectacle unfolded at the Shri Dharmashastra Ayyappa Swamy Temple in Pebbair Municipal Centre, Wanaparthy district on Monday.
A series of sacred rituals and festivities were witnessed to mark the auspicious occasion beginning with Ashtabhishekam to Lord Ayyappa at 4.30 am, followed by the Ganapati Homam at 6.30 am. The streets resonated with devotion as the procession of Ayyappa Swamy took place at 7.30 am.
Continuing the divine journey, the Pamba arat for Lord Ayyappa unfolded in Beachupally Kshetra, where Krishna Nadi Pushkara Ghat witnessed the sacred bath of Ayyappa Swamis near the river. Hari Narayana Guru Swami, President of Akhil Bharatiya Ayyappa Deeksha Prachara Samithi from Andhra Pradesh, led the Pamba arat to Manikanth.
At 1pm, devotees gathered for the Annaprasada distribution programme. The evening saw the spiritual crescendo with Mahapadi Puja performed by Raj Desh Pandey Guruswami Karakamalam, the founder of Akhil Bharata Ayyappa Deeksha Prachara Samithi. Sacred vibes continued in the night with Tirtha Prasada distribution. The event was graced by a significant number of Hindu relatives, and the Ayala Committee who honoured the guests with salva.