- Radio collaring of jumbos begins
- Rajnath says BJP has ended credibility crisis in politics
- BJP will form govt in Odisha, says Rajnath
- 52 centres for Inter examinations
- Vishnu Institute NSS camp at Kovvada concludes
- Special de-addiction centre opened at Asram Hospital
- Foundation stone laid for internal road works
- BJP to Finalise Tie-Up with TDP-JSP Tomorrow: TDP, JSP to kick-start campaign from Feb 28
- Telangana MLA Lasya Nanditha's Life Cut Short in Tragic Accident
- Is it the end of politics in Russia?
4 habitual chain-snatchers held, booty worth `1.74 L recovered
The City Central Crime Station (CCS) police arrested four habitual offenders and recovered gold chain worth of Rs 1.74 lakh, 6 kg ganja and two motorcycles from their possession.
Vijayawada: The City Central Crime Station (CCS) police arrested four habitual offenders and recovered gold chain worth of Rs 1.74 lakh, 6 kg ganja and two motorcycles from their possession.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) B Rajakumari produced the four accused before the media at the Command Control Room on Monday. The DCP said the accused were mainly involved in ganja peddling and robbed gold chains and lifting motor bikes parked in the city.
The DCP said Tummala Manoj Kumar alias Manu,23 and Tummala Rajesh,24 of Satyanarayanapuram, Govindarajulu alias Raja Sai,24, of Ajith Singh Nagar and Tummala Vigneswara Rao,26 of Ramavarappadu committed offences like lifting two wheelers and snatching gold chains.
In order to make easy money for lavish life, they joined hands with Shaik Basha, Rahmatullah alias Akhtar and Afzal formed into groups and sold ganja in the city.
They used to get ganja from agency areas of Visakhapatnam district. She said the police, on a tip off, nabbed the four accused near Punadipadu village under Kankipadu mandal.
During investigation, they came to know that the accused have committed chain snatchings under the police station limits of Satyanarayanapuram, Nuzvid, Kankipadu and Sathupalli (Telangana). Moreover, the accused were involved in motor bike theft cases under Ajith Singh Nagar police limits.