40 unemployed JAC protesters arrested
About 40 members of Andhra Pradesh Unemployed JAC were arrested by the police here on Tuesday.
Vijayawada: About 40 members of Andhra Pradesh Unemployed JAC were arrested by the police here on Tuesday. The JAC members were arrested when they staged a protest at the APPSC office, demanding that the government postpone Group II and Group III examinations.
Speaking to the media, AP Unemployed JAC state president S Hemanth Kumar said that they have given many representations to the chairman of APPSC personally, through e-mails, WhatsApp messages requesting him to postpone the examinations. As there was no response from the chairman, they were forced to come on roads, he said.
He said that AP panchayat secretary's examination was scheduled on April 21 and on the same day SI mains examination will be held in Telangana state, for which many candidates from AP had applied. Similarly, on May 5, Group II, LIC, NEET exams are scheduled.
He said that 10 per cent rationalisation is not followed in Group II and Group III which is an injustice. In view of the above, the JAC is demanding postponement of Group II and Group III examinations.
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse
- Delhi HC seeks CBI, Michel's lawyer response on plea challenging phone call limit
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers
- Third phase polling on Tuesday across 15 states
- Army jawans don't counts bodies, only eagles do: Rajnath Singh